Before you start building a new website, there are some things you should carefully consider. Where you’ll host your website, what platform to choose for building an outstanding website the simple way, what brand identity you give to the website and company it will represent, etc.
Your options might be different depending on the type of website you want to create.
Web Hosting for e-Commerce Websites
Online stores need some requirements to be met, in terms of web hosting. Things you should consider when selecting a web hosting plan for an e-commerce site:
- First and foremost, you need a high-performance server with enough resources to sustain a well-running e-commerce website. Also, you need enough space storage, RAM and bandwidth, to ensure the website is perfectly functioning under any circumstances.
- Second, you have to ensure your web hosting plan provides daily backup. It’s safest and it must be safe, as an ecommerce website deals with sensitive data customers enter for making product payments.
- In case you run into problems, make sure there’s a technical support team available for solving any issues you might have, 24/7.
Web Hosting for small and medium enterprises
Small and medium enterprises need a solid website that’s stable and easy to access any time by visitors interested in their offers.
- You should consider a web hosting plan that’s offered at an affordable price. Price is an important factor in choosing the right plan. However, what you need to pay attention to is the price/quality ratio. You don’t have to choose a low-quality service just because it’s cheap. Choose wisely, and the results will be up to par.
- You should think of a solution of shared web hosting. It has a more affordable price, and the resources it provides should suffice for a website representing a small company.
- Make sure that you benefit from a good support service. In case something goes wrong, the issue has to be quickly remedied, otherwise the image of the company will suffer.
- Probably, a well-built reseller hosting will be a good solution for your website and business.
Web Hosting for Blogs
If you decided to create a blog, chances are you build it on WordPress. There are some requirements you need to pay attention to, in choosing the right web hosting plan for a blog on wordPress.
- WordPress can be very CPU intensive. And web hosting plans that limit CPU cycles may be costly, you need to search other hosting solutions.
- You also need to pay attention the web hosting plan provides SSL. The SSL certificate might not be explicitly required for using WordPress, however, such features might be required by a plugin you need to use for your blog.
- It’s recommended that you use an Apache server for your WordPress blog.
- You should take into consideration that you’ll have a good control panel, that makes it simple for you to work with databases and start managing your WordPress blog.
- To find a web hosting that meets all these requirements, you might check for reseller hosting plans, as well.